1. The average fuel cost across all vehicles is 14.45 cents per mile, or about 23 miles per gallon.
2. The best selling car of all-time is the Toyota Corolla.
3. The U.S. consumes about half of the world’s gasoline.
4. Ferrari manufactures a maximum of 14 cars a day.
5. Although 1886 is credited with being the birth year of the modern automobile, the first gas gauge wasn’t installed until 1922.
6. Every year, over $60 billion worth of car maintenance goes unperformed.
7. The average consumer spends $400 a year on diagnostics, scheduled maintenance, and tune-ups.
8. Traffic congestion wastes three billion gallons of gas each year.
9. The first windshield wipers were hand-operated.
10. The most commonly stolen vehicle is the Honda Accord.
11. White is the most popular car color.
12. The total average repair cost in the U.S. is $305.55, including $202.28 for parts and $103.27 for labor.
13. The average American will spend two weeks of his or her life stopped at red lights.
14. 90 percent of drivers admit to signing behind the wheel.
15. The first cars did not have steering wheels. They were operated by a lever.
16. An airbag inflates within 40 milliseconds of a crash.
17. It takes half an ounce of gas to start a car.
18. Most car horns beep in the key of “F”.
19. The automobile is the most recycled consumer product in the world.
20. Faulty oxygen sensors account for 40 percent of all check engine light related issues.
Related sources: CarMD.com, Yahoo Autos, Visual.ly, PrecisionTune.com, TexasMotorCars.com
Winter is here, and by all accounts it appears it’s here for good. When temperatures drop, so too does your car’s fuel economy. Below, we explain why winter driving lowers your average mile per gallon and share some tips to raise it back up. Cold Weather and Your Car One car study found that the […]
Considering getting your windows tinted? Want to learn the benefits and the laws in Minnesota? Affordable Auto Glass has you covered. Benefits of Window Tinting Customers come to us all the time asking about our window tinting services. A lot of people believe window tinting is only done to “look cool” or to make it […]
Spring is officially here, and even through some spots around the Twin Cities have been hit with some late season snow, the warm weather is right around the corner. We’ve talked about the importance of prepping your car for winter on the blog before, but keeping your car in tune for spring is just as critical […]